Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Brilliant

I love the idiosyncrasies that go along with working for a big company.

I work from home because I'm allergic to my work environment (unfortunately just the environment, not the actual work itself), so on my work voicemail I state that I'm working remotely and to please call my cell phone, and then I leave my cell number.

Earlier this week I tried to call in to check my voicemail to make sure I didn't have anything new on there, and I couldn't, for the life of me, remember my new password. I called the helpdesk, who directed me to a website, and instructed me to fill out this form online. In the form I stated that I work remotely, and gave them my cell number.

That was Monday.

I called the helpdesk today to ask the status of getting my password changed, and after a few minutes, the lady came back to the phone. Here's how the rest of our conversation went (in very broken English on her part):

Helpdesk: "It says they called to give you your new voicemail password."
Me: "I didn't receive any phone calls, are you sure?"

Helpdesk: "Yes, they called xxx-xxxx and left a voicemail for you with step by step instructions."
Me: "So, let me get this straight....they called my work phone, and left me a voicemail on the voicemailbox system that I can't remember the password to, telling me how to change my password?"

Helpdesk: "Yes maam."
Me: "Um, okay, do you not see the irony in all of this?"

Helpdesk: "No maam."
Me: "Does the form I filled out say to call this number?" (I give her my cell number).

Helpdesk: "Yes, but they just called the number we have on file for you."
Me: "Okay, how do I get them to call my cell phone number because I work remotely."

Helpdesk: "I would suggest filling out another form."
Me: "Is that going to result in the same outcome?"

Helpdesk: "Yes maam, they will call and tell you how to reset your password...maybe you'll be at your desk next time, yes?"
Me: "No I don't work at work, I work at home. Nevermind. Allright, uh...um...I guess I'll just try back later."

Helpdesk: "Okay. Is there anything else I can help you with?"
Me: "No, no...I think we're good."

Perfect. I'll just hope that my password comes to me in my sleep. Alanis Morissette's "Ironic" song has been in my head all day...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like what you saw? Have a question? Got a suggestion? Leave me some comment lovin!

Related Posts with Thumbnails