Yesterday's Subway Art Tutorial shows how I'm getting over-confident with my crafting skills. I've had quite a few projects turn out right, and now I'm getting way ahead of myself!
I knew I didn't do the first Subway Art picture correctly, and I'm not a quitter, so I picked myself back up (and my ego as well) and tried a different approach for Sign #2.
I lined the edges with tape the same (since that was the only part of Subway Sign 1 that I liked). Instead of painting the entire thing black this time though, I first cut out my Letters and Numbers from the painters tape. I knew that I wanted my two subway signs to have the same lettering (even if I didn't love the first one), so I traced out the shapes of the AVE letters in the tape and then cut around them.
If you look back at yesterday's post, you'll see that the 3rd letter is supposed to be S and underneath of that, it's supposed to say SPECIAL. By the time I'd reached this point, I was all about just doing whatever to finish up this project, so I took the easy way out. I have no clue if there's a subway station T at 7th AVE, but it was easy, so I went with it.
I painted the entire thing black. I tried initially to line around everything so that black paint wouldn't seep underneath the paint, but quickly gave up on that idea.
I removed the tape and was left with quite a bit of touch-up work to do.
After I traced and colored all of the letters with white paint, here's the final product on the wall:
All in all, this was my least favorite project, but I still like the way they look on the wall.
I've been working on decorating the living room for quite some time, and as I walk into the kitchen and look into it, I'm really proud and happy with the way it all turned out.
I started in April with hanging the ski's and picture frames on the wall, then built my bench with my fake sewed cushion for under the window, made over a clearance sign to relate to us and hung it above the ski art, made my key art for underneath my hung too high planked America, built some pallet shelves, added a new picture above the mantle, and finished with my subway art. Not all of the projects have come out perfect, but I am happy with the end results! I'm linking up to these fun parties...go check them out!