Thursday, May 20, 2010

Long Life

I started off this weeks blog on Monday by saying I was getting old. Apparently, I still have a ways to go.

Chris sent me this link to a life expectancy calculator.

I know I'm healthy. I really don't think I'm an extremist, but I do know people that think I am. I eat right, I pretty much exercise every single day, and you will rarely catch me sitting on my butt watching TV. When I do get sick, I go down hard (it's all of my go-go-go-ness catching up with me), and I manage to come up with weird illnesses quite a bit, but I am pretty healthy.

I made it one of my New Years Resolutions to focus on my health, and have done pretty well (not that I really had that far to go) thus far.

So, when I filled out the life expectancy calculator, I expected it to say that I'd live a long and healthy life. Holy. Cow. I'm apparently going to live to be 102. 102!!!! What?!

I started thinking about the implications of living until I'm 102, and I got depressed. That means that I need to work until I'm 80 or something. What's even more depressing is that Chris's life expectancy is only 84. Poor Chris. We eat the same and exercise the same, and he constantly battles with his cholesterol and blood pressure. We need to work more on him. I'm not living till 102 without him!

Hope everyone's had a great week! I'm actually flying out for Boston for a wedding this weekend (and to see Fenway Park!), so this is my last post until I get back. Enjoy your weekend!

3 comments:

  1. You crack me up with all your linking. You'll probably live till 102, but might have some artificial joints and things. I didn't get to talk to you before ur trip, have fun in Bahstin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am loving reading about all of your fabulous house projects! I'm your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Erin!! I DID have fun! You'll be right there with me with the artificial joints, so we'll definitely be able to relate!! :-)

    Thanks for the compliments Caroline! I'm glad you enjoy my blog!

    ReplyDelete

Like what you saw? Have a question? Got a suggestion? Leave me some comment lovin!

Related Posts with Thumbnails