Monday, June 28, 2010

Breast Cancer Support

For the newbie followers to my blog, this may seem off topic, and perhaps it is from the crafting, DIY part of me, but this blog is my corner in the world, and this topic touches so close to home with me, so please bear with me on this post.  For some background perspective, please read this post.

I recently signed up to do a half marathon through The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society's Team in Training.  To read more about it, check out this post, or click on the link on the sidebar under the Please Help Make a Difference tag to view my personal fundraising website.  This is my second go-round with this organization.  There are many many good organizations to get involved with when it comes to the battle with cancer, but LLS is the one that is my personal fit.  I think if we find the cure for blood cancers, all other cancers will follow suit.

I do support Breast Cancer Research as well, and am SO thrilled at my newest affiliate program that I've been approved for through google blogger.  ShopKomen.  I'm sure most of us have heard of Susan G. Komen with their Race for the Cure.  Now you can "purchase with a purpose to end breast cancer forever" through my blog.  By doing this, you not only support the Susan G. Komen Foundation, you ALSO support LLS.  I'm using my blog as a fundraiser tool for my efforts.  Every dollar made through my race day goes towards LLS.  

Please check out the store and support both breast cancer and blood cancer research and patient aid.  Your support is beyond appreciated!!  If you'd like to come back later to make a purchase through my blog, just click on the link on the sidebar to get to ShopKomen.

I hope everyone had a fantastic weekend!  I had my 10 year high school reunion...it's amazing how quickly time flies! I had great fun reuniting with so many friends, but it's back to the real world...and the house projecting...now.  Stay tuned for more projects coming your way!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like what you saw? Have a question? Got a suggestion? Leave me some comment lovin!

Related Posts with Thumbnails