Friday, March 25, 2011

Nursery Room - Book Shelves Filled!

First things first...thank you guys so much for all of your incredibly sweet comments and compliments regarding all of the blood sweat and tears we've put into the nursery!  Lets face it, I'm pregnant, hormonal, and clumsy, so all saying all three of those is no exaggeration!  I'm having a hard time just barely keeping afloat these days between my for real job that pays the bills :-), doing the nursery, and blogging about it all, so please forgive me for my lack of responses back.  I so appreciate every comment and read through every single one...you guys are the greatest!!

Okay, now that my hormonal side has gotten it's fill...onto the post!

As I mentioned previously, my first baby shower was this past weekend.  (When you have eight parents, 4 siblings, 3 sibling-in-laws, on top of aunts, uncles, cousins, and grandparents that all live in the same state...you get the benefit of having TWO baby showers...lucky us AND Kalia!!!)  My friend Jenny was in charge of invites, and one of the super cute things she did (I might have mentioned we did it for Janelle's baby shower that I did back in November...details smetails) was to add onto the invitation "In lieu of cards, please bring your favorite children's book to help Baby Hart stock her bookshelf!"

I'm so excited to say that Kalia's bookshelves no longer have any empty shelves!!


She, of course, could always still use more books, we'll just go for the layered effect for any more books that she does get!

This is such a cute idea for a baby shower by the way.  All the girls wrote their card to Kalia inside of the book, which definitely is a great memory that we'll forever cherish!

Here's a bunch of pictures from different angles (you're welcome for not posting all of them that I took!)

View from the closet with her alphabet wall
View from when you first walk in
View from Kalia's Crib
Two walls down, two more to go!!  We're getting there!!

I've got to do it, even though you've probably seen it a million times...one last good before and after shot of this wall...

Before...gross.  Just gross.  And embarrassing!
After!  So much Better!

Hope everyone has a great weekend...I, of course, have baby and nursery stuff (including maternity pictures with Erin--woot!) planned for my weekend.

And for those of you getting tired of nursery room posts, believe it or not, we have a few other house projects going on that will show up on here before too long.  Hopefully...ha!

Happy Friday!

If you enjoyed this post, please leave a comment or subscribe to the feed reader to get future posts delivered to your reader.

12 comments:

  1. Love, love, love it!!! Your energy is outstanding!!! This is just a perfect nursery -- much more my style then all the ruffles and soft colors you usually see :) My first nursery was in primary colors and I had an alphabet theme going on too but not nearly as great at yours. I did the book thing for my sister's baby shower 11 years ago and her gift from me was a bookshelf and baskets to put them in/on. Such a neat idea and a great way to start a library. Have a great (and relaxing?) weekend Kara.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's looking beautiful. I can't believe that no one bought you "Love You Forever"!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok so the first thought that came to my head before I went to comment was Love, love, love it!! Apparently Jennibell and I are on the same thought track :-)
    I appreciate the mention of the invitations I "made" but we all know you are to credit for that great idea! I'm so glad you welcomed me into your home last weekend and since I now know the drive isn't as terrible as I thought it would be, I'll be down a lot more to visit my "niece" Kalia! Love you guys (including Kodi)!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh, it just looks more adorable with each post I see!

    P.S. We did the same thing with my son for his first Christmas (asked for books for him) since he was only 3 months old. I love the notes that everyone wrote inside the books. I think it'll be something that both he and Kalia will cherish later on :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the Nursery! Very cute blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am a new follower... LOVE the alphabet cards!!!!! stop by when you get a chance... www.littleguessfamily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving the wall art with the books! That's a great idea that can be easily changed out.
    -Bethanie

    ReplyDelete
  8. The room looks beautiful! I saw that you were featured on Olivia Renn & had to come over and check out your blog. I love "meeting" other DIY people in BlogLand! I'm a new follower to your blog & look forward to seeing your other projects.

    Marie

    http://educatorssoliloquy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that idea for a baby shower--and to have people sign their wishes inside the books makes it priceless! What a blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks awesome! I am so glad you did them - they look amazing! Following you now!
    -e (modern24seven.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really like the frames and bookshelves! I must do the shelves in to the nursery when I'll have children some day.

    ReplyDelete

Like what you saw? Have a question? Got a suggestion? Leave me some comment lovin!

Related Posts with Thumbnails