Monday, June 27, 2011

Anniversary Gift

Four days before Kalia's arrival, and 2 days before my scheduled induction, Chris and I celebrated our 5 year wedding anniversary.  We don't really do typical gifts for our anniversaries...we plan a trip instead and call it our anniversary gift.  Well, this year our anniversary gift was Kalia.  And she was promptly late!

I wanted to give Chris something that told him all of the things I loved about him, so I got a deck of cards :


Took construction paper and typed up various things I loved about Chris, and decoupaged it to one side of the card (yes, for all 52 cards!) :




And then took the pictures that Erin had taken of Chris and I back in November, used glossy print paper and printed out the images to size of the cards, and then decoupaged those to the front of the card.





I put the cards in a tin box.  I actually meant to decoupage the tin box too, but ran out of time / energy prior to heading to the hospital.  Chris really appreciated the gift, and had a lot of fun reading through all of my serious and funny ways that I love him.  He also loved that it incorporated pictures of us that he can go back and look at anytime.

For dinner that night, we headed to Melting Pot.  The hostess / waitress / manager all couldn't believe I was out and about at 40 weeks and 4 days pregnant, but I told them I was trying to test my luck to go into labor on my own.  It didn't work out too well, but not for lack of trying!  Here's a few pictures of us from dinner that night.  Man oh man, I was so pregnant in these photos!!



Hopefully I'll get around to posting the final nursery sometime soon!  Sorry I haven't been responding to emails / comments just yet, but supposedly this sleep thing gets better :-), so I should be back at projecting with a cute helper, and responding to comments / emails soon!!

Hope everyone has a great week.  Happy Monday!
If you enjoyed this post, please leave a comment or subscribe to the feed reader to get future posts delivered to your reader.

11 comments:

  1. Gah, what an adorable idea! I forgot there were enough photos for this, haha. Hope you start getting more sleep soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a sweet gift...is he getting frisky in that one pic, lol! i have never been to a melting pot, it's on my list of restaurants to try. has been for years.

    i'd say kalia is a pretty great anniversary gift, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a sweet and thoughtful gift! I love that idea and it looks like you guys had a great time! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is the sweetest gift I've ever seen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a great gift for your husband and yes what a wonderful gift is your baby girl! I must say you look AMAZING for 40 weeks 4 days! :) I found this post from Mod Podge Amy's post on FB :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderfull gift! Greetings from Germany!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice! Now I have ANOTHER cheap thing to make Christmas Ornaments of! I decopauged red streamers to a paper coster (found at Hobby Lobby a pack of 30 on cleareance for $1.07! and YES I bought them all!) but just used regular glue - promise to use Mod Podge next time mama! But all I had was GLITTER! Then I decorated them with a NY Syline with black card stock (dot on windows with a sillver Metallic Permanent maker - 2/$1 at WalMart) and added the Statue of Liberty and Empire State Building, taxi and other foam stickers then VBS 20011 in paper stickers.. Final touch, a recycled silk leaf off a discount green bush (of course there are no apple leaves out there where I shop, but a few snips and presto - a reasonable looking apple leaf!) and a raffia bow. Now I can just see the other ones made up sorta like this and on the tree! Now wouldn't that be cute to put in your Christmas cards (photo on one side with ur last name and the year in metallic marker and a Christmas wish on the back(? And it will lay flat so won't cost a lot more to mail! Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great gift idea! You're so patient to have done all 52 cards =)

    -caroline @ c.w.frosting

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is excellent Memorable gifts of anniversary gifts in their life. gifts to india.

    ReplyDelete

Like what you saw? Have a question? Got a suggestion? Leave me some comment lovin!

Related Posts with Thumbnails