Friday, April 20, 2012

H E L L O W O R L D

Gosh, how I've missed this blog...

I write posts in my head to it all of the time. Occasionally I sit down and actually start a post on a project, but then Kalia wakes up from her naps and needs me, and the moment and train of thought are gone. To be completely honest, I kind of have writers block with this blog right now. I mean, where do I start off? Do I just talk about my projects and ignore the fact that I've been M.I.A? Do I tell you about what I've been doing in the meantime?

For those of you that are strictly here for projects, those posts are coming. We've done so much to the house over the past few months, all of which I do plan on posting about.

For those of you that have emailed and commented asking how things are going, this post is for you.

Last month was a big one. I quit my job, turned 30, and became a stay at home Momma. I'm breast feeding Kalia, and she's never taken a bottle. So working (albeit from home, which was both nice and a nightmare at times) while being my little girls sole source of nutrition left me at the breaking point a few times. My sister in law asked how I was doing with it one day and I told her it was like a juggling act, but I kept dropping all of the balls. I didn't feel like I could give 100% to either work or Kalia, so something had to give. Being an Electrical Engineer isn't exactly a mind-numbing career, and trying to design and debug computer chips while nursing Kalia was just...beyond challenging.

I am so blessed and fortunate that we're in the position for me to walk away from my job. One of the reasons we waited 5 years before starting to build on our mini family was so that I could take this option if I wanted to. If you knew me in high school or college, I used to say I was never getting married and never having kids. I've got a million private reasons why I used to say that, but the bottom line was I hadn't met the right man that I could see forever with. And then when I did meet him, I wanted to make sure we were solid before expanding. I honestly don't think I ever realized how amazing all of this could be.

Now don't get me wrong, Motherhood is much more challenging than I ever thought possible, but it is also much more rewarding. So much more rewarding!

As for Kalia, she's growing like a weed and doing all sorts of fun things these days. She is 10 months old and started taking her first steps last week. She can crawl faster than Kodi can walk, is very energetic, doesn't sleep a lot, eats a ton, is quite animated, laughs a lot, is a complete goof ball, and is like a bull in a china closet when she plays. She's every bit our daughter, and there's not a single thing I would change about her. Well, maybe I'd like it if she slept a little bit more, but I can say she comes by it honestly!

So for all of the holidays I've missed on posting about, Kalia says :

Happy Thanksgiving!


Merry Christmas!


Happy New Year!


Happy Valentine's Day!


Happy 30th Birthday Mommy!




and finally...Happy Easter!


Thanks for all of the sweet emails checking in. I promise project posts are coming up next! Hope everyone has been doing well, and I'm excited to 'be back'!

If you enjoyed this post, please leave a comment or subscribe to the feed reader to get future posts delivered to your reader.

6 comments:

  1. Kara, I actually checked in here yesterday because I realized that you hadn't posted in a long time so I wanted to make sure my feed was still working! I think I can speak for everyone when I say "We missed you!" It's funny this little blogging community... you really feel like you know someone, so when they disappear, you worry about them. So glad all is well and I'm looking forward to your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just on your blog the other day and wondered what happened to you, but I know how motherhood goes. She sure looks like a happy baby! What a cutie~

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you are back to posting. I love getting updates on your home. Glad that motherhood is suiting you, and Kalia is such a cute baby!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, Kara! Kalia is so pretty, but she gets it from her Mommy! It's great to read an update about how you're doing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Look at those big, beautiful blue eyes!!! Motherhood is the bestest, hardest thing to do. . .what a blessing it is :) Thanks for posting...as you quit your job to become an at-home Mommy I finally went back after 11 years. Enjoy every stage, even the not-sleeping one. . .she will move in-and-out of seasons. . .although some days it seems like it will *never* end. . .what a happy, lucky child to have parents like you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jenna - thank you so much, such a sweet comment! It's nice that missing this blog was a two way street!

    Rhiannon - thanks so much, she is so happy!

    Stephanie - look for lots of them coming, we've done so much! Thanks for the compliment on Kalia, I most certainly think she's adorable!

    Colleen - so sweet, thanks so much!!

    Jenni - I agree, best and hardest, and a huge huge blessing. 11 years and back to it, wow! You're perfect for a teacher though, I know you just jumped right into it and are amazing at it. Every day as I'm rocking Kalia I think "this is one more day I'll never get back with her." Not to be sad, but to reflect and cherish what we did for the day. Even the hard days make me laugh when I'm looking back. Thanks so much for the compliment, we feel so blessed to be parents!

    ReplyDelete

Like what you saw? Have a question? Got a suggestion? Leave me some comment lovin!

Related Posts with Thumbnails